Product Design Lead Thingtesting
ProductNY, US, Remote25 days ago
Thingtesting is the un-sponsored corner of the internet where we can talk honestly about new things.
On the heels of the direct-to-consumer revolution, there has been, and continues to be, an incredible proliferation of new consumer brands online — but, coupled with the prevalence of fake or cherry-picked reviews, it’s becoming outright impossible for consumers to know who and what to trust when considering products for purchase.
Our mission is to build the go-to independent destination for online shoppers to discover, engage with, and vet modern brands.
We are a venture-backed early stage startup, and have recently closing a Series Seed round of financing from Forerunner Ventures. We have been fortunate to receive appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way from the likes of TechCrunch, Vogue Business, Modern Retail, and a Harvard Business School case study. Forbes included our CEO, Jenny Gyllander, on its 30-under-30 list.
We have a lot of exciting developments in store. Join us to make online shopping more transparent.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to drive the end-to-end design process for the entire Thingtesting web experience. You’ll be the first FT product designer on this team.
You have a history of shipping beautiful, thoughtful digital products to real users: from conducting user research, UX and visual design, building prototypes, and overseeing their pixel-perfect execution all the way to production.
You are passionate about your craft, love the journey of discovery through iteration, and have relentlessly high standards. You translate ambiguous user needs through qualitative & quantitative data into simple, intuitive, and beautiful user experiences. You are a strong communicator with the ability to defend your designs to a broad audience while internalizing and responding to feedback. We’re looking for a senior team member that will work collaboratively with the rest of our team.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, shape our product, and drive the end-to-end design process of our digital products.
- A friendly and nurturing atmosphere to grow in.
- Freedom to work from where you want. We’re 100% remote, with team members currently spread between New York, Detroit, and Stockholm.
- Competitive compensation (a negotiable package of salary and equity), benefits, paid vacation, and other perks.
We require that you:
- Have 5+ years of design experience, working on online applications with real-world users
- Able to provide samples of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, strong visual design, and solid information architecture
- Have experience working collaboratively with product, engineering and creative teams throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that are of the highest standard
- Love communicating complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Experienced in facilitating user research and usability testing with a a systems approach to design
- Develop and maintain design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides
- Are detail-oriented and self-motivated with a passion for consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or other prototyping tools (we use Figma currently)
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
- Are a fluent English speaker and writer
Nice to Haves:
- Have experience with writing React components and/or React StoryBook
- Love consumer products and are able to empathize with our users
How to apply
Sounds like you? Please send us an email with “Product Designer - [YOUR NAME]" in your subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a short intro about yourself and tell us what makes you excited to join the Thingtesting team. Please also let us know where you are currently based.
- Include links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, and that help us get to know you better: portfolio, LinkedIn profile, Instagram, resume, etc.