Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom Rooms bring HD video collaboration into any space — in the office, in the classroom, or at home — and enable in-person and remote participants to interact in real time. Simple to start a meeting, book a room, and share content, Zoom Rooms delivers the best conference room experience on the market. As offices reopen and the modern workforce switches to hybrid teams, it’s more important than ever to connect both in-person and remotely, and to make sure that remote teammates feel like they’re right there in the room.
Zoom is looking for a proven design leader to take on this challenge. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will lead the Zoom Rooms team of product designers responsible for enabling and facilitating a world-class conferencing solution meant for conference rooms, classrooms, and at home. You will provide context, capabilities, and operational scale to the design and research organization. You will also continue to grow and develop a team of designers to help bring our product vision to life. If you have the right blend of maturity, operational excellence, and leadership, this role is custom-made for you.
• Hire, mentor and develop for maximum impact and org health.
• Work with the design team leadership to create design strategy and implement priorities to attain cross-functional team’s goals.
• Define and refine best practices for an evolving and boundary-pushing team.
• Enable smooth peer learning and infoshare across projects/design roles.
• Understand the needs of the business and set expectations properly with cross-functional partners around design and creative resourcing and deadline-driven commitments.
• Partner with external content teams and internal teams to facilitate creative problem solving and deepening opportunities for innovation and scale.
• 2+ years of experience building, leading and managing design teams specializing in SaaS based Enterprise focused organization
• Knowledge or experience in cloud based calling systems
• Demonstrated data-driven decision-making skills
• Proven track record leading of shipping high quality products and experiences.
• Proven people management skills and experience providing leadership to designers
• Experience developing and inspiring a team of creatives, prototypers and designers.
• Experience building cross-functional partnerships and trust across a multidiscipline business.
• Expertise of interactive UX/UI design and methodologies.
• Knowledge of physical production workflows and schedules.
• Proficiency with Figma (our primary tool) or Sketch.
• A willingness to fail and learn.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here.