Posted: Sep 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple Maps is seeking an enthusiastic Design Producer to support the Maps Design Team. This person will collaborate with a Design Manager to provide overall project management. They will work closely with the designers and cross-functional partners to define project requirements, clarify design goals, lead design reviews, and ensure a quality release of the final product. Often supporting multiple concurrent projects, across the various products, you will work closely with design, business, marketing, engineering and stakeholder teams to clarify project requirements, define design goals and strategy, lead and facilitate design reviews, and represent design in cross-functional forums to ensure a quality launch of the final feature. With Design at the heart of Apple and the work that we do, the Design Producer will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. We strive for a passion for design with strong attention to detail, being resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive outlook.
- 5+ years as a producer in software design or an interactive agency.
- Experienced in consumer software development and product lifecycle.
- Successful experience in supporting multiple concurrent projects, across the various products.
- Thorough understanding of integrating design, business, marketing, engineering and stakeholder teams to clarify project requirements, define design goals and strategy, execution, and delivery processes.
- Expert in soft-skills, empathy and reading non-verbal cues.
- Shown ability to meet deadlines and get results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Proficient with Keynote and Numbers.
This is a dynamic team focused on complex design challenges. This position works closely with many other teams and will be an advocate for user experience. Responsibilities:
- Run meetings and design reviews. Bring together key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes.
- Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected deliverables.
- Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and an ambitious schedule.
- Ensure timely handoff of design specs to engineering.
- Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation.
- Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent work experience.