Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Professional team to design solutions that empower Professionals to do their most inspired work centered around the content they create. The Professional team is experimenting on different ways to bring value to the Professional through end-to-end workflows, learning what makes them zing, and connecting the tools they use to Dropbox so they can crush their day-to-day from one place.
This role is best suited for a Product Designer who is energized by UI & UX execution. We’re looking for a Product Designer who spikes in generating solutions, building holistic features, prototyping for usability testing, and shipping high quality experiences.
In this role, you will flex your solution generation, interaction design, visual design, and design process in general. You will stretch into the Dropbox Core organization and collaborate with multiple partners to bring the vision to life. You will also have the opportunity to expand on the vision, validate direction, and find new and exciting ways to bring value to Professionals.
This special role focuses on bringing value directly to the Professional by creating new value. You’ll collaborate with your immediate team, x-fn partners in Product, Engineering, Brand Design, Product Marketing, Growth, Data Science, Research and Product Design partners. You’ll also work outside your team, and across the company, to pull in all the value that other teams are creating to the Creative Professional.
Lastly, you’ll be a part of more than just the Professional team — you will be part of Dropbox design. You will learn from, and give back to, some of the best Product Designers around the world.
Veterans encouraged to apply!
- Framing solutions, and aligning your through a design led-lens.
- Exploring solutions, and pushing the boundaries on what great solutions look like.
- Leading design Sprints, brainstorms and other generative working sessions.
- Designing polished interfaces, delightful interactions, holistic experiences and solving for edge cases.
- Collaborating with Research partners to develop your hypothesis and test your designs.
- Collaborating with Engineering partners to surface technical challenges and ship.
- Collaborating with Product, Research, and Data Science to assess the results of your projects, and to iterate.
- Evangelizing and presenting learnings and best practices with other Product Designers across Dropbox.
- Defines problems from a customer-first perspective.
- Explores multiple solutions and uses different inputs like competitive audits or customer feedback to iterate.
- Strong interaction and visual design skills to ship high quality solutions.
- Experience creating and using prototypes for usability testing.
- Experience collaborating with other designers to give and get feedback to improve their designs.
- Ability to identify edge cases in a user experience.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).