Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join Teams Sharing. Teams Sharing builds the core functionality in Dropbox Business, our product offering for business teams. Dropbox Business is designed for small business, and enterprises customers, and enables them to create and maintain an organized, shared space for everyone they work with.
This role is best suited for a Product Designer who is energized by concept testing, analyzing research, iteration, exploring bold solutions and designing simple interfaces and delightful experiences. We’re looking for a Product Designer who’s strong in design process, solution generation, interaction design and product strategy.
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team to solve customer problems around content access, content security, the core mechanics throughout the Dropbox Business user experience, and drive the vision for how to help our existing business customers.
You’ll also work with your team to influence the greater direction of the Dropbox Business product by developing new ways to help our Business customers bring all their real-life working relationships into Dropbox.
Lastly, you’ll be a part of more than just Teams Sharing — you will be part of Dropbox design. You will learn from, and give back to, some of the best Product Designers around the world.
Veterans encouraged to apply!
- Drive the full design process for your team, and ship high-quality features and experiences
- Work with Research & PM partners to understand our customers and their problems, while setting a vision and strategy for Dropbox Business
- Collaborate with your team to explore and build effective solutions, making Dropbox Business an indispensable tool for everyday work
- Become an active and engaged member of the Dropbox Design community
- Experience designing for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function while maintaining simplicity
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical
- You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- A highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Dropbox style
- You look for opportunities to tackle problems in unusual and innovative ways
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- You are a strong cross-team collaborator – you work cuts across a lot of core Dropbox functionality, and you will partner regularly with other teams
- You enjoy thinking in systems, journeys, and state machines
- Military Veterans encouraged to apply!
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).