Tesla Design conceives vehicle and other products that directly support the company’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We care greatly about building products that stand the test of time, even as design and technology keep evolving. The product design team designs and develops all products that carry the Tesla brand.
A Product Designer is involved with a great variety of design challenges: Energy products, charging products, accessories, environments, on-product graphics, etc. The scope of the work will range from sketches/ideation, brainstorming as a group, renderings and hand-made prototypes to the strategies to transition ideas to mass production and ultimately in our customers’ hands
Responsibilities | Skills
- Provide creative and relevant conceptual thinking for a variety of projects
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Advanced sketching/ visual communication skills
- Reasonable knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods
- Hands-on foam sculpting/prototyping
- Interfacing with Digital Modeling, engineering, retail development, and Marketing to provide design solutions to various challenges
- On-product graphics-application of our brand to various products and environments
- BS in Industrial Design
- Humble, professional and positive (great can-do attitude)
- Previous product design experience with relevant categories
- Heightened sense of aesthetics, proportions
- Creative problem solving
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).