Product Designer Able
ProductNY, CA, US, Remote11 days ago
Able’s technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. The teams we build incubate our own investments and work with our partners (e.g. clients) to start, accelerate, and grow impact through technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle; and, they enjoy a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our growing team. As a Product Designer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop products that address real user and business needs and foster a world-class design culture.
What you'll be doing
- Listen to our clients’ business problems and leverage your design and product strategy experience to develop solutions for them
- Collaborate with leadership and other key stakeholders to define the vision for our clients’ products and features
- Design concepts, user flows, user interfaces, and prototypes that solve complex product design problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers to ship value early and often
- Embody and establish a strong design culture within the team, acting as a mentor to fellow designers
What we're looking for
- A working as a Product Designer on web and mobile products
- A portfolio with a collection of products that demonstrates great user experience, strong UI solutions, and thoughtful interaction design
- Experience designing and shipping products in a fast-paced, agency environment
- A strong ability to work through ambiguity and execute on everything from high-level product direction to nitty-gritty UI details
- A focus on outcome-driven design that truly aligns with business and user needs
- A strong ability to sell your ideas to key stakeholders
- A passion for digital products that translates to a deep knowledge of contemporary design patterns, trends, and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, relaxed office environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do. We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host team lunches and outings (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees - This includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.