The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are seeking a Product Designer to join a high-paced team of engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers (like a small startup) to test an entirely new technology-focused business line and distribution channel. We’re looking for ways to turbocharge the adoption of an already successful open source project, Backstage.
Responsibilities in this role will vary frequently. We all wear multiple hats and it's like this role will span external user research, synthesizing findings, leading internal workshops, and supporting the user journey and experience of Backstage. All while collaborating with multiple teams across Spotify. We want someone who’s enthusiastic about this type of environment!
What you'll do
- Design and validate concepts with end-users and turn insights into useful and fabulous UI and visual designs
- Be the voice of our customers in product development
- Collaborate with other designers to build a coherent user experience for Backstage
- Work with sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to connect with partners
- Contribute and work with our Backstage Design System
Who you are
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, for example as a Product Designer, UI designer, Visual Designer
- A great storyteller and communicator
- Past experience with and a passion for developer-focused design systems
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role while highlighting your portfolio
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.