Tread is looking for a strong designer who loves solving problems and will apply their passion to creating solutions for dispatchers, subcontractors, operators and administrators. Working closely with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams, you will help to be the voice of the customer, understanding their needs and translating those into products for our customers and clients to love.
Who We Are:
Tread is a construction software company that is venture-backed, building the future of 4+ year technology that uses data and analytics to keep construction moving.
The team at Tread care about what we build, and about each other. We value open communication and respect each other's diverse opinions and ideas regardless of their title. As part of the team, you'll have full visibility and be encouraged to make a positive impact every day on our customer's pain points and enjoy seeing the results of your work. We work hard to create an environment where everyone can share their ideas because we know innovation happens with diverse perspectives.
You will have the opportunity to provide certainty and precision to the trillion dollar construction industry: a market that is currently underserved by technology. We’re building systems that can support entire cities across North America and the hundreds of thousands of contractors and subcontractors that work within them.
Why You'll Love Tread
- 🏠Remote First. Opportunity to work from home.
- ⏰Flexibility. We trust our team to get their work done.
- 📖Professional Development. $1,000 per year for every employee to focus on their learning & development, as well as developmental paid days off.
- 📈Equity. Each employee receives stock options so we can share in our success.
- 🦷Benefits. Start from day one!
- 💪Health & Wellness Priority. Lunch & Learns, mental health coverage, & more.
- 🌴Time Off. vacation, sick, & personal days.
- 💛Family Focus. Extended parental leave with top up and sick dependent days separate from your own.
You'll Be Working On
- Taking ownership of our user experience, from ideation to interaction design
- Conducting user research activities and stakeholder interviews to investigate and validate hypothesized solutions
- Strengthening and iterating on the look and feel of Tread products
- Creating beautiful, user-focused designs
- Collaborating with a team of highly skilled developers to bring your designs to life
You Should Have
- 2+ years experience working on web-based or mobile products
- Experience working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced or start-up environment
- A strong sense of customer empathy and a passion for building quality products
- Proficiency in building and maintaining design systems
- Proven success in user research and user testing
- A desire to work in a strong, collaborative, cross-functional team that includes Client Success, Sales and Development
- Experience with design and collaboration tools such as Miro, Figma, Invision, Github, etc.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.