We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing Design team.
As Stripe expands up the stack from APIs to UIs, hosted experiences, and no-code solutions, building for consumers has become an even more critical part of our mission to create the economic infrastructure of the internet. Stripe has not historically built consumer products. Doing so will require both greenfield initiatives and deep collaboration with existing product teams. We’re looking for Designers who are invigorated by the opportunity to have a major impact on how users interact with Stripe.
- Specialize in consumer products, and build deep understanding of all participants in our ecosystem: consumers, merchants, platforms, and more
- Work in highly collaborative fashion with product managers, engineers, sales, and UX research to define both long-term strategy and short-term tactics
- Design early product concepts and partner with UX researchers to quickly field test concepts with end users
- Contribute to product growth through experimentation and optimization of existing user journeys
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, clear deliverables
- Develop and expand product design systems in collaboration with other designers
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and leadership teams
We’re looking for someone with
- 4+ years relevant product design experience
- Experience building consumer products, where fit, finish, and delight are competitive advantages
- Comfortability executing with core product design skill sets: visual design, prototyping, interaction design, and information architecture
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
You also likely have
- Experience reducing complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Expertise in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- Values working with a diverse group of people with different perspectives and expertise
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Commitment to building a sustainable and scalable business by balancing merchant needs, user needs, and business needs
You might work on
- Consumer Products - Design and grow Link, our recently-launched 1-click payment solution. Design new value props from 0 to 1
- Checkout and Payment Links - World-class payment flows optimized for conversion which help businesses around the world easily and securely accept payments online
- Commerce - Suite of tools to help businesses manage their products, customers and orders
- Crypto - Explore early concepts for crypto and web3 features
- Consumer Design Systems - Develop design systems to create coherent experiences across Stripe’s consumer touchpoints
You should include these in your application
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.