Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
The Core Experience team’s mission is to create a simple, easy to use, and best-in-class experience for our users to store, share and access their files on web and desktop.
As a Product Designer focused on the most-used surfaces and functionalities in Core Dropbox, you will play a crucial role in improving the experience for users who store, share, and work with their content in Dropbox. You will flex your user-centric muscles and play a leading role in discovery, experimentation, and creating seamless experiences for our users. You will contribute to the short-term and long-term vision for our team and drive brainstorms, design sprints and other creative workshops. You’ll craft simple, usable flows and make complex actions feel easy. You’ll build deep knowledge and expertise about customer needs and your product space, and spread principles and best practices throughout the company.
- Drive the full design process for your team, and ship high-quality features and experiences.
- Work with Research & PM partners to understand our customers and their problems, while setting a vision and strategy for Dropbox.
- Collaborate with your team to explore and build effective solutions, making Dropbox an indispensable tool for everyday work.
- Become an active and engaged member of the Dropbox Design community.
- Owns the end-to-end design process from problem discovery all the way through to final execution, and feels excited to work on one of the most highly-trafficked surfaces in Dropbox.
- Loves experimentation, prototyping, and exploring complex problem and solution spaces.
- Is skilled in visualizing and articulating complexity.
- Thinks broadly, not just across design and product, but also technical implementation models, business models and product strategy.
- Thinks about the big picture behind their work, and participates in building the future of Sharing for Dropbox.
- Energized by working with cross functional peers, working with Research, Customer Experience, Marketing and other teams to gather insights about our customers.
- Enjoys working closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, and other Designers to ship experiences the team can be proud of.
- Military Veterans encouraged to apply!
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)