The CRM Product Group’s mission is to become the CRM of choice for small and medium sized businesses. As part of the CRM Design team, you will join us in helping empower customers to achieve their goals with an accurate, accessible, and actionable view of their CRM data. We are looking for a Product Designer who will care equally about creating a great customer experience and generating business impact, and will be creative and enthusiastic about achieving both.
A successful designer in this role is one that can balance a seamless, friction-free experience for our end users while balancing the underlying data complexity. They will be a systems thinker who is able to to design experiences with a thorough understanding of upstream and downstream impact of every design decision.
- Work with qualitative and quantitative data to create an informed understanding of your problem space
- Understand the business and market context for your product area
- Partner closely with your product management and engineering co-leads to establish objectives and key results for your team
- Own responsibility for balancing speed, quality and consistency of design, and influence your team to find pragmatic ways to deliver the highest quality
- Visualize solutions at an appropriate level of fidelity for the stage of the process you’re in. This could mean write ups, concept models, user flows, wireframes, or polished UI mock ups using our design system
- Break complex concepts into smaller, more manageable components
- Provide thoughtful feedback at team design critiques
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, including cross-product design teams, engineering, product management, and the broader business
Top candidates will have:
- Experience working in data heavy applications with a high level of underlying technical complexity
- Ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions
- Inherent curiosity about how humans think, behave, and interact with technology
- High degree of experience with a prototyping tool of choice (Sketch, and InVision are ours)
- Successful experience working collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management, and UX Research
- Have a love for your craft, a strong desire to always be learning and tackling new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Nice to have, but not required: undergraduate degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field
HOW DO WE DESIGN?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams. We don't do sign-offs and burdensome documentation.
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front-end teammates.
- We're embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios
- Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System Article
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.