Articulate is looking for a product designer who can create engaging customer experiences in our award-winning e-learning authoring application, Storyline 360.
Storyline 360 lets customers create incredible learning experiences that empower millions of learners to be successful and progress in their careers. We’ve become the market leader in our space through thoughtfully designed products that enable our customers to create rich, interactive training with no coding skills required.
If you’re a multi-talented individual who thinks about product development holistically, with great UX instincts and an eye for detail, you’ve come to the right place.
As a member of our team, you’ll work with our customers to understand their requirements and help scope out new features, create high fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes, and work directly with our development teams to bring them to life. We’re a small product team, so while your main focus will be Storyline 360, you’ll need to be comfortable shifting gears and jumping on whatever’s needed.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct early stage qualitative user research and find the common threads in customer feedback.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of customer problems, and figure out how to solve them elegantly and intuitively.
- Create well thought-out high fidelity wireframes, personas, journey maps, interactive prototypes, and other deliverables to communicate your ideas to the team.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders, including our executive team, to refine and improve your ideas throughout the design and implementation process.
- Work closely with our engineering teams to take the features you are working on from initial deliverables through to public beta and release.
What you should have:
- Experienced product designer with at least 5 years’ professional experience. Prior experience working on complex web and/or desktop productivity applications is a plus.
- A self-directed, motivated individual who can work at varying degrees of abstraction - from the big picture right down to the details of a single interaction.
- A human-centered design thinker capable of making well-reasoned design decisions that address real use cases while being mindful of existing design patterns, technical constraints and business goals.
- A passionate customer advocate, comfortable conducting remote and in-person research and interpreting detailed customer feedback.
- An effective communicator and team contributor, who is confident presenting their ideas as well as giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Preferred skills in Sketch, inVision, Principle, Photoshop or Illustrator
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 106,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 98 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 965,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.