Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love solving complex problems, helping software teams collaborate at scale, and creating innovate new products? We're looking for a Product Designer to join our DevOps team in the US Pacific time zone!
Our team creates solutions to innovate on the way development teams build amazing software. We help customers develop higher quality code faster by adopting modern DevOps practices. This is across the DevOps lifecycle, from planning projects to committing code and deploying it all the way to operating the code and responding to outages. We’re building products that help software teams collaborate better across this complex workflow, understand how they are performing and ultimately improve their engineering performance over time.
As a Product Designer in DevOps, your mission will be to deliver high quality end-to-end experiences our customers love. In this role, you’ll focus on one of our new products, Compass, and the developer experience while also building exciting new capabilities and solutions for software teams.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 3+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software
- Experience leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle complex customer problems
- Solid facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions
- An eye for detail, and able to get to the root of the problem with a customer-centric lens
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Comfortable synthesizing insights from qualitative and quantitative research
- Proficiency in designing with tools such as Figma & Mural
- Excited by the complexity of the developer tools space and solving complex real-world problems
As a product designer at Atlassian you’ll:
- Make a substantial impact at scale. We have more than 10M users all around the world—and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. Organizations like NASA, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products everyday;. As a designer involved in everything from ground floor product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible customer impact.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product partners, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience of an exciting and critical area of our business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Researchers, Marketing Experts, and Analysts to champion the user experience in our products and ship high quality work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company. We want to make our customers love how easily our products help them.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.