What is the Discovery and Connections team?
Twitter exists to serve the public conversation. The Discovery and Connection Team exists to craft a sense of belonging—helping folx connect with the people, interests and passions that matter to them the most. So whether you stand for BLΛƆKPIИK or you’re just metal head. Whether you obsess over #xerophiles or the right kind of drawing #pencil—or like many reading this, begrudgingly indulge in the drama of #DesignTwitter—it’s all happening here. And Discover and Connections is here to help you find the things that interest you the most.
As part of Discovery and Connections, Explore helps to organize Twitter by Interests, making it fast, fun, and easy to rapidly discover and drill into what's happening. Explore provides a pulse of the public conversation to the world. Movements such as #BLM, #MeToo and Arab spring are happening on Twitter.
You’re a fast paced designer who sprint around hard problems
Twitter is famously hard for new customers to use. You’re going to fix that. We are looking for a Product Designer to join our design team, focused on Explore. Do you incorporate data and research into your design process? Are you passionate about shipping experiments, learning, and iterating quickly? Love quick wins? Love using Twitter? Come help us share that love with millions of people. As a member of the Twitter Design team, you’ll work closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists to strategize and identify areas for Twitter’s growth. Come, launch fast and iterate!
Bring Twitter’s future into the present
- Rapidly design multiple directions, prototype, and develop elegant solutions focused on helping customers understand the value of Twitter.
- Gather insights from data and qualitative research, develop hypotheses, sketch solutions with prototypes, and test ideas with our research team and in experiments.
- Great balance of Visual and UI craft and foundational UX thinking.
- Articulate your design decisions, optimizing for high impact and quick learning.
- Think about universal designs that can scale not just across platforms but also internationally and across user types.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Twitter’s apps and website.
- Strong desire to learn.
You have proven skills and impact
- 2+ years experience designing and building products for mobile and desktop experiences
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Thrive in ambiguity, bringing clarity and helping to guide direction
- Experience iterating on design with experimentation (e.g. A/B testing)
- Demonstrate ability to define strong hypotheses and incorporate data into your design process
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for identifying and solving customer problems
- Skilled with Figma and prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.