Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
DocSend is looking for an experienced, versatile Product Designer who is passionate about empowering users through thoughtful and elegant design. As a core member of the design team, you will be at the forefront of our efforts to set a new standard for the way the world’s most innovative businesses put their most critical documents to work.
This role is central to our interdisciplinary product development approach. You will work directly with colleagues in Product Management and Engineering to conceive of and realize user-centric, user-friendly experiences. We take pride in developing a deep understanding of and crafting solutions to our users’ most important document-sharing needs, and we rely on great product designers to conduct research, develop standards and processes, and produce beautiful, functional experiences to meet those goals.
Are you excited to work in a positive, collaborative, cross-functional environment where mentorship and professional development are priorities? Are you looking to have a huge impact and join a growing and successful team? We’d love to chat!
- Deliver simple, beautiful and effective product experiences that users love, and that deepen their relationship with DocSend’s products and brand.
- Craft a consistent, unified experience for our users that’s easy to learn, simple to use, and flexible enough to meet the complex needs of a diverse user base
- Develop and maintain the design system that ties all of our product experiences together to both ensure a consistently intuitive user experience and an efficient development process for designers and engineers
- Take real ownership of our product’s design direction while collaborating closely with peers in the Design, Engineering, and Product Management teams
- Bring both rigorous research and creative exploration to bear on deepening our understanding of our users and their interactions with our product
- Cultivate a design culture within and beyond our Design team to support DocSend’s strategic focus on delivering exceptional user experiences
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a user experience designer or similar role
- Comfort working with a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced development environment
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for beautiful and functional design
- Deep curiosity about users and their needs
- Excellent communication skills across many different audiences, including users, other designers, engineers, and business leaders
- High standards when it comes to treating your colleagues and users well
- Openness to learn from setbacks and incorporate constructive feedback
About DocSend, a Dropbox Company
DocSend is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Our 17,000 customers rely on us to send documents or folders with a single link, track who’s interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed. From founders to sales teams, we power the most important documents while delivering unparalleled security and control.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).