Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
Dropbox’s core product solves crucial file syncing and sharing needs for millions of active customers across a wide variety of applications. That said, the nature of work is changing, and we believe to best serve our customers we’ll need to deliver value wherever their work is taking place.
We are seeking a Product Designer to help own and execute the vision for integrating the core Dropbox and DocSend products. This will be both a strategic and execution focused role. An ideal candidate should be able to empathize with our customers, draw insights from customer research, and leverage those insights to bring new experiences to market.
- Drive the full design process for your team, and ship high-quality features and experiences.
- Work with Research & PM partners to understand our customers and their problems.
- Collaborate with your team to explore and build effective solutions.
- Work with multiple teams to ship a coherent experiences.
- Become an active and engaged member of the Dropbox Design community.
- Experience designing for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You proactively look for opportunities to tackle problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Dropbox style.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- You are a strong cross-team collaborator – you work cuts across a lot of core Dropbox functionality, and you will partner regularly with other teams.
- You enjoy thinking in systems, journeys, and state machines.
- Military Veterans encouraged to apply!
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).