Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We're hiring for a product designer to tackle complex problems that will transform the way that people work on Dropbox’s biggest new bet, Spaces. Dropbox Spaces help businesses organize content from anywhere, track progress, complete projects effectively, and communicate effortlessly with clients. Collaborate with exceptional designers, engineers and product managers to solve customer problems around content and collaboration and design inspiring ways to delight our customers around the world. We’re looking for curious and inventive product designers to lead innovation for today’s distributed workplace—from identifying and understanding pain points to owning the craft and finish of every detail in the solution. Engage with nimble teams to build inspiring prototypes that have potential to graduate into highly impactful products.
- Set vision & strategy with your product partner and persuasively communicate direction
- Drive the full design process for your team, and ship high-quality features and experiences.
- Work with Product Management, Design Research, and Engineering partners to understand our customers and their problems, and lead vision setting for Dropbox Business.
- Collaborate with your team to execute well against solutions you define.
- Become an active and engaged member of the Dropbox Design community. Mentor other designers at Dropbox as design leader
- This is a senior role—we’re expecting at least 8+ years of experience in product design or UX
- Experience building a successful new product with product managers and engineers
- Thrive in ambiguity and prefer an entrepreneurial style of approaching work
- Demonstrated experience setting vision & direction and rallying a team to execute it well
- Ability to define and articulate what makes an experience good or bad. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, design them in high fidelity, and partner with engineers to make your designs real
- Excellent communication and evangelization skills
- Strong initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and a broad understanding of design practices and processes relevant to zero-to-one that balances predictability with dexterity
- Ability to build strong cross functional partnerships. This role will lead broad product areas in Spaces and must coordinate with other areas and across functions
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)