Join a team of designers, content strategists and researchers who are passionate about building the next personal computing platform that puts people at the center and enables them to be more present and more connected with people they care most about. Facebook’s new devices team is looking for a Product Designer to join the Experiences or Platform pillars.
You’ll partner with multiple teams around the company and work across a variety of touchpoints (Assistant, Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram) to craft thoughtful experiences that add real value to people’s lives. You’ll be responsible for defining, designing, researching, prototyping, and implementing new features as well as future iterations.
We're looking for a designer who isn't afraid to jump in and explore new challenges. You have a balance of interaction design, visual design, and product thinking skills. You are customer obsessed and research driven. You’re a natural collaborator and can work independently and in a team environment.
Product Designer - Facebook Reality Labs Responsibilities
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for people using our products
- Drive clarity of plan, strategy and vision on key company priorities with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Work collaboratively with Product, Research and Engineering partners from concept through completion and future iterations
- Own the end-to-end design (interaction, visual, etc.) across multiple features and projects
- Present designs, prototypes and concepts to cross functional partners and stakeholders
- Provide implementation guidance to engineers and ensure features launch at the highest quality
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at a company level, leading the end-to-end experience within a large-scale, ambiguous domain
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of visual and interaction design skills
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience designing for hardware products and new interaction models