Product Designer Fastly
ProductUS, Remote2 months ago
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet.
The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly goes beyond performance, beyond speed – we’re an extension of a company’s application enabling businesses to build better, faster products. As a Product Designer you will help us redefine what’s possible with the way the world experiences the internet. You will focus on translating complex business problems into highly-intuitive, design solutions and act as the user advocate throughout the product development life cycle.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Product Managers to identify and ideate on design solutions to meet customer expectations and business requirements. Translate design solutions into navigation flows, wireframes, visual designs, and rapid prototypes. Continuously iterate over designs to improve the user experience.
- Partner with Engineers closely to evaluate design alternatives, ensure that solutions are technically feasible and reuse established interaction patterns and UI components when appropriate
- Plan and conduct user research, including: usability testing, contextual interviews, task analysis and surveys
- Collaborate on the Fastly design system, including adding new patterns and standardized practices
- Work in multiple design tracks concurrently with a distributed, remote team
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 4+ years of professional experience in the Internet or technology industry. Proven experience designing interfaces for web applications, software, or equivalent.
- Demonstrate a strong design portfolio of work with a track record for solving end-to-end design challenges and creating intuitive interfaces for customers
- Collate user feedback against current trends with online usability principles, heuristics and best practices
- Effective communicator, and problem solver, with an excellent attention to detail
- Skilled at explaining your design intentions to cross-functional teams and incorporate their feedback to improve your work
- Team player who can give and take constructive feedback as well as brainstorm well with others
- Proficient with Figma, InVision, Sketch and similar design and prototyping tools.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS and cross-browser limitations. Experience with GitHub is a plus.
- Excellent communicator with experience in composing UX copy
- BA/BS degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or similar field.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.