Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Product Designer to join our Design Team!
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
Addepar is looking for a talented Mid-Level Product Designer to create visually stunning and highly intuitive products that will bridge the gap between our prospect and client user experiences. We’re looking for a strong digital thinker who loves the challenge of turning tough problems into beautiful, smart, and engaging experiences for the web. You will work directly with our design leaders to create innovative and thoughtful design and user experiences for stakeholders in cross-functional roles as well as our clients.
This top talent will have extensive experience working with brands to design interactive, responsive web platforms. General responsibilities will include design, research, strategy, and implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop detailed sitemaps and wireframes for highly interactive interfaces across multiple platforms; this individual will be heavily involved in site concept development, planning, and user experience processes for our Corporate website and Product Engagement Resources
- Collaborate with marketing, design, writers, photographers, and developers to create and execute projects from start to finish
- Lead with example and contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Help push our brand expression forward with fresh, inventive ideas and astonishingly beautiful executions
- Create innovative digital experiences and impressive design solutions
- Perform design research and validation to iteratively improve site funnel and engagement
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI or a related field
- 2+ years of experience (post-college graduation) with a strong portfolio
- Experience in product design methodologies and collaborating with developers
- Strong in UI design, with excellent foundation in typography, layout, color and design principles
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS, capabilities of web browsers, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), etc.
- Proficient understanding of search engine optimization principles and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Willingness to measure, iterate, and experiment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Nice to have
- Skills with motion graphics/animated content and video editing experience
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2.5 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.