At Facebook Reality Labs, we are focused on defining the generation of experiences in AR and VR and finding new ways for people to connect, and build communities. As a designer on the Horizon Team, you will join a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, and artists who are passionate about creating VR experiences where users can hang out, socialize, and play with others.
You will lead discussions around what types of experiences we want to explore that uniquely leverage the strengths of VR, and then guide the team through an end-to-end development cycle where teams prototype, then productize an experience. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from collaborating on the vision of the experiences to defining the creative direction, to end stage user testing and iteration to deliver a high quality product. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the future of VR.
As a Product Designer, you will be expected to utilize your 3D prototyping, game design, UI/UX design to interaction design skills. As a design visionary, you will be expected to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills to raise the craft of your team, and deliver the highest quality product.
Product Designer, Horizon Responsibilities
- Lead feature design through alongside research, prototyping (in Unity or otherwise) and delivery of new experiences for our current and future roadmap
- Synthesize learnings, strategic and design decisions then communicate them broadly to your cross-functional partners and the wider FRL Experiences org
- Thoroughly review and provide feedback for fellow designers to improve their craft and product quality
- Clearly articulate your design decisions to internal stakeholders
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, and User Research partners to contribute to product strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a well-executed, end-to-end feature or product
- 5+ years experience shipping software products or 3D experiences
- Experience with real-time 3D development such as Unity/C# or Unreal
- Experience delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
- Proven experience communicating across organizations
- Proven problem solving experience and experience overcoming challenges
- Experience with shipping mobile, console, PC games or social and gaming platforms
- Experience working on VR or AR products
- Experience in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Game development experience across multiple surfaces (console, mobile, PC, VR, AR)
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.