Hulu’s Product Design team is seeking a Product Designer, Viewer Growth that can help develop new behaviors, features, and improve the usability and utility of existing ones. We’re looking for someone who stands out at crafting experiences across mobile devices.
The ideal person will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for teamwork and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
We’re seeking a hardworking Product Designer who wants to build outstanding features that simplify the lives of our viewers. From planning to design, testing, and rollout, you’ll use your design sensibility and strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
As a team, we experiment across our product with the aim of making our product a simpler, faster, more intuitive platform to use. We measure our success in terms of how many new customers we acquire, and how well we retain the customers we have.
We are looking for people that are passionate about working with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Hulu to the next level.
What you’ll do
- Deliver on the end-to-end design process; translating quantitative and qualitative insights into high quality experiences that drive real results.
- Influence and shape the product and feature design direction by partnering closely with senior designers, PMs, Engineering, Data Science and UX Research.
- Rapidly ideate, concept and prototype solutions at the right level of fidelity, with the right tools.
- Contribute to design system and component libraries as necessary.
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines and style guides
- Partner with and mentor associate designers on your team
- Exercise ethical decision-making and do what’s best for our viewers
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
What you bring
- 3+ years in Product Design at a technology company
- Experience designing across multiple Mobile devices (iOS, Android, Mobile Web etc.)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
- A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined usable experiences that tackle problems
- A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
- An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
- Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.