Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a Design Intern, you’ll be embedded into one of our product areas where you’ll contribute to innovative projects that affect our millions of users, while developing your career through hands-on learning and mentorship. We’ll provide you with support and guidance to advance your personal, professional, and technical skills as you make a real impact on one of the Duolingo products.
More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
What you’ll do…
- Contribute to challenging design projects with guidance tailored to your personal growth
- Learn, understand, and apply Duolingo’s design language as well as industry standards to concepts, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Work closely with other designers to utilize our design system and ensure design consistency across our products
- Collaborate with product, engineering, content strategy, and studio partners to explore simple solutions to scoped problems
Past Projects include:
- UI/UX updates to reduce Checkpoint drop off
- Optimizing design of Challenge Indicators for small screen sizes
- UX improvements for Audio Lessons
- Designing the Duolingo Efficacy splash page
- Designing MVP for displaying estimated DET scores in Duolingo app
What we’re looking for…
- A bachelor's degree by spring 2023
- An online portfolio with mobile app or web design samples
- Talent for designing user-centered products that look great too
- A desire to constantly advance your work and attend to all the details
- Ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!