The Tesla supply chain includes raw materials, manufacturing components, energy products, finished vehicles, and more. As we scale global operations and create new products, the supply chain will only become more important.
We build our own supply chain tools, which support thousands of global users and are critical to the machine that builds the machine. As a Product Designer supporting supply chain, you’ll help us enhance operational performance by defining, shaping, and iterating on our software. You’ll serve as the voice of our user, visualizing software via wireframes, process diagrams, prototypes, high fidelity designs, and more.
- Serve as a thought partner to product managers, business owners, engineers, and other stakeholders to design process and technology solutions that enhance operations.
- Rapidly iterate in designing process flows, wireframes and other low-fidelity artifacts that enable business units to test hypotheses about process improvements.
- Conduct user research, interviews, and feedback sessions, synthesizing research to provide insight and feedback for guiding product development.
- Work closely with product managers to define and research requirements, and then translate them into software design concepts.
- Develop design prototypes for testing hypotheses, prior to developing complete software solutions.
- Own and advocate for clear and functional interaction designs, optimizing for functional effectiveness and user performance, and avoiding development of stereotypically clunky enterprise software.
- Bring a human-centric design philosophy to an operationally intense organization, elevating design thinking concepts and facilitating divergent thinking exercises.
- Create and maintain a style guide of patterns, animations, and color palettes to inform product development.
- 5+ years of design experience, with emphasis on interaction design.
- Experience practicing and teaching design thinking.
- Fluency with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, Adobe XD, etc.
- Ability to rapidly generate design prototypes with tools such as Invision, Figma, Flinto, or Principle.
- Open-minded about product development and always willing to iterate.
- Passion for design and technology.
- You love to work hard, work fast, and create useful things.
- A passion for joining Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing design abilities and an eye towards process.