Facebook is looking for a Product Design Manager with exceptional design, communication and people management skills. As a Product Design Manager, you will lead and manage teams to ensure our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution.
In this role, you'll be a foundational member on the leadership team, working together with your counterparts in engineering, data science, UX research, content design, and other disciplines to define the strategy, operations, and communications that guide the team to build great products addressing real user needs. You will be expected to utilize your full range of people management skills, product strategy, product design, interaction design and visual design skills. This posting represents different full-time roles across the Facebook company.
Product Designer Manager Responsibilities
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers and leaders that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets
- Responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content designers
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for our 2+ billion users
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Facebook products
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the team, and be a key contributor to your organization's product strategy
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and connect related projects across the company so that problems or joint decisions can be resolved quickly
- 3+ years experience managing and mentoring teams in highly matrixed organizations
- 4+ years of design experience, encompassing interaction design and visual design with proficiency designing across platforms
- 4+ years of experience working cross functionally with teams such as engineering, design and user research
- Experience building and shipping applications or software across a variety of platforms
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking with experience developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Experience with delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
- Experience working on large scale, complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
- Experience managing managers
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $159,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)