Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a New Graduate Product Designer, you’ll be embedded into one of our product areas to help create and define a cohesive user experience. You’ll make an impact by working on projects that affect our millions of users, while developing your career through hands-on learning and mentorship.
More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
What you’ll do…
- Develop new product experiences and optimize existing features across iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Deliver UI and UX that follow our design language fundamentals, as well as employ prototypes, user flows, wireframes, and sketches to communicate concepts to project partners
- Collaborate with product, engineering, content strategy, and studio partners to envision practical solutions to complex problems
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data to establish a design rationale rooted in user insights
- Champion both the mission of Duolingo and the experiences of our learners at every step in the design process
What we’re looking for…
- A bachelor's degree by Spring 2022 or earlier
- An online portfolio with mobile app design samples
- A systems-thinker that can piece together research insights, data, and product goals to deliver simple, yet holistic, design solutions
- An effective communicator that isn’t afraid to provide critical feedback as well as act on received feedback
- A knack for high-quality visual design that can bring concepts to life in the Duolingo world
- A desire to constantly advance your work and attend to all the details
- The ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!