The Product Designer will join the engineering and product organizations to design and implement industry-leading interfaces for SaaS and on-premise software products. The designer will focus on all aspects of the product design lifecycle, from user feedback-gathering, identifying areas where workflows are lacking, prototyping/testing features, and developing high-fidelity UI designs to deliver on our commitment to top-of-class user experiences for our customers.
The Designer will ensure seamless coordination of stakeholders around project variables, generating a shared understanding of deliverables and timelines. You thrive when given the opportunity to scale design systems and bring insight into what makes a great user experience from various perspectives.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM — the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services — to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
- As a member of the UX/Product Design team, communicate design objectives and specifications effectively to our internal and external clients
- Conduct research and gather feedback from both customers and team members to identify high-priority feature requests and help propose design solutions
- Develop user flows, wireframes, create prototypes and produce high-fidelity designs
- Collect and deliver detailed, thorough design requirements and specifications for development
- Support, and collaborate with, the front-end development team during all phases of development and deployment across projects to ensure high-quality implementation of workflow and interface improvements
- Support, and collaborate with, the Information design team during all phases of development and deployment across projects to ensure high-quality user assurance content and technical documentation
- Contribute extensible elements and patterns to evolve, scale and maintain our design system
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in User Experience, Interaction and Visual Design
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Google Docs, with working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with diagramming/charting tools such as LucidCharts, Miro, or similar
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization with a commitment to quality and simplicity
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture in order to work effectively with distributed teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extra kudos for Animation/micro animation skills, Experience with user/product analytics tools, such as Pendo, Experience with analytics, infrastructure or networking products
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Similar roles may be: UX/UI Designer
Working at NS1:
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYC’s Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 and closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire and recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off and work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop and supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming and education
- Access to employee-led affinity and social awareness groups
- “Funtivities” calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events and special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities and social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which we’ll use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.