About the job
delivers business insights that empower digital services companies to forecast with confidence for improved profitability and employee engagement. Built by leaders in digital services, Parallax is the only professional service automation platform designed to support the unique needs of agencies and software firms - combining real-time data with operational best practices to optimize resource planning and ROI.
Backed by an intuitive user interface that easily integrates with existing business tools, Parallax helps companies better understand the health of their business to minimize workload inefficiencies and employee burnout while maximizing team utilization, revenue and growth.
We are looking for a full-time Product Designer who can craft beautiful, usable, and valuable experiences for our customers. Play a pivotal role in supporting our agile delivery team with a strong eye for consistency and attention to detail. Simplify and showcase complex data by using tried and true UX principles. This position is a unique opportunity to participate across all product workstreams and be tasked with a mixed bag of design challenges. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, phenomenal taste in design, and a desire to learn.
- The right fit views design as an empathetic, collaborative, cross-disciplinary effort. Must have a talent for interaction design and visual design but considers themselves a generalist.
- This person will participate in all aspects of the product discovery and delivery process with a cross-functional team. Deliverables include low and high-fidelity WCAG accessible designs, prototypes, and annotations.
- Must be flexible as day-to-day activities change based on company priorities.
- A formal degree is preferred, but experience and the ability to execute are paramount.
- Must show a portfolio of experience designing web applications.
- Recommended experience in technology (ideally SaaS) product environment with bonus points for agency experience
- Self-motivation to improve knowledge and skills through personal research and development.
- Ability to work within constraints that are visual (like brand guidelines and design systems), technical, and timeline driven
- Brownie points for data visualization and reporting experience
- Although we offer a hybrid workplace model that supports working from home, ideal candidates live in the Twin Cities area and are open to attending the occasional in-office meeting, presentation or event as long as all health and safety precautions are followed.
- Sketch and Invision. Open to those with experience in similar tools and are willing to learn on the job.
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong time management skills to balance competing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction to solve problems.
- Can facilitate collaboration and review sessions remotely or in person.