Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Product Designer, you will act as a voice for our users and advocate for their needs across the organization.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
About the role:
- Own design needs across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. We’ll expect you to help identify pain points, generate ideas, help define requirements, and drive design initiatives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You'll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Know and love our users – understand their pain points, synthesize their feedback, and above all, be their champions.
- Day to day work includes producing wireframes and user flows, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, and helping gather user feedback.
- Help develop and define Transfix’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture.
- Contribute to product team growth, vision, and strategy.
- Product designer with 3+ years at design-driven technology companies, startups or agencies.
- You have solid design chops. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, user-centered experiences.
- Strong conceptual thinker with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- You have excellent communication skills and can break down and simplify complex problems. You are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization.
- A proactive and collaborative designer with the ability to own design needs on a multi-disciplinary team.
- You are motivated to contribute innovative, human-centered solutions for an industry that employees 3 million truck drivers and powers the domestic economy. You have a knack for inspiring others to see opportunities for innovation as well.
- You bias for action and own your products. If you’re blocked, you find creative solutions to get around the obstacle. Your work doesn’t end when a feature ships, but rather when it’s accomplished the objectives you defined before you ever got started.
- You have an online portfolio that showcases your work. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.