Product Designer Twilio
ProductUS, Remote2 months ago
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional Product Designer to design products and experiences for Twilio.org, our social impact division. Our customers are some of the world’s largest and most inspiring nonprofit and social impact organizations, and Twilio’s communication products help them achieve their missions. In this role, you will work directly with customers and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams both within Twilio.org and across the company to discover, define, and design experiences tailored to our social impact customers.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with clean, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving web-based services and/or application software in a fast-past environment.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Designer on the Twilio.org team, you will live our Magic Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our non-profit user community to understand their unique needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential and maximize social impact globally
- Write it Down: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer & social impact experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Be an Owner: Advance the user experience specific to Twilio.org customers, including the Twilio Console experience and other products
- Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans & Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio.org is the social impact arm of Twilio, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 266 million people globally per year! And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1 billion people annually!
The UX organization plays a critical role in designing the experience that allows our nonprofit customers and the developer community that serves them to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers and researchers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles. Your success with Twilio.org specifically will deliver great customer experiences at social impact brands around the world, and you will enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in Denver, Austin, Atlanta, or remote in the US. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones.
No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.