Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Stockholm or Remote EMEA
We are looking for an experienced product designer to join our Platform & Partner Experience team who are tasked with considering how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including native desktop, tablets, web player, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the design of Spotify’s Wearables and Headphones Experiences; to deepen relationships between artists and fans by extending Spotify into their favorite apps & software platforms
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others
- You will help set the tone for our partnerships (Google, Apple, Samsung, etc.) and advocate for quality when it comes to the Spotify experience as it is represented on external platforms
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; experience designing for mobile is a plus
- You are comfortable working closely with teams from companies such as Google, Amazon and Samsung
- You’re happy to travel the world to collaborate with our international partners and can be flexible with your working hours.
- You are a talented designer, with a focus on UX and interaction design
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.