Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
For this position, we are looking for experienced individuals who will help elevate the practice of research with creative but rigorous qualitative and/or design research methods.The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, open-minded about learning new skills and methods, and focused on influencing the future of Facebook.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 4+ years experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.