Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Design is a vital organization at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing quick video messages, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to discover and explore uncharted territory. That's why we're focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. At Loom, the Brand and Product design functions are fully integrated. Having one design team allows us to collaborate deeply across brand and product. Loom is a distributed-first workplace: we're hiring the best Designers and Researchers that live and work anywhere in the continental US and Canada.
This team brings the heart and soul of Loom to everything it touches. You'll make sure our users have experiences that are unmistakably "us" by creating and evolving a visual, verbal, and experiential language that is just as comfortable on a billboard as it is on a settings screen.
- Concept and execute best-in-class visual design with a focus on web / graphic design to communicate product and company messaging across product marketing, content, recruitment brand etc.
- As a designer on the Brand team, you'll work alongside an incredibly talented team of Strategists, Producers and Designers. Curiosity, generosity and a natural bias towards collaboration and shared success is a must have.
- Contribute to and help advance the Loom brand system across all our existing brand surfaces and the ones we haven't thought of yet.
- Work cross-functionally across the company with Product, Engineering, Research, People Ops and Marketing partners to represent the Design team, with significant contribution to quarterly planning, creative direction and company / team culture.
- Be a mentor to newer designers and future interns, and help guide the design team's work through your own example and through feedback in critique and design reviews.
- Help recruit and interview new designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
What We're Looking For
- Prior experience in design organizations at product-led companies that have shipped software to users. Working closely cross-functional teammates to develop the strategy and rationale for for what we communicate to customers and prospects through images, words, layout etc. That's a long way of saying we're looking for an amazing web designer who's shipped lots of amazing web design. You'll do other stuff for sure but leveling up our interactive design game is the focus of this role.
- An outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, visual design (interactive and graphic), and idea generation. Bonus points for any one or combination of prototyping, motion design, illustration. We want see great web layout skills with sharp and considered typography as a baseline.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with distant teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams.
- A desire to drive team and company culture forwards. Always thinking of new and innovative ways to communicate those both internally and externally.
- Empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills.
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.