Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and Statuspage, to name a few.)
Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? If you can explain complex features within tiny amounts of product real estate and communicate value in compelling, clear, and effective help articles, come join Atlassian's Content Design team!
We’re hiring a Content Designer to join our Design Team, which will be someone who has the ability to drive strategic content initiatives to help us mature our solutions for our customers as well as contribute to the Atlassian content design craft.
In other words, this isn’t a traditional technical writing or UX writing role.
As part of the Atlassian Design team, you will:
- Refine and drive content strategy, and apply the Atlassian voice and tone in a way that drives engagement with the product portfolios. This could be across Jira Software, Confluence, Trello, Bitbucket, Statuspage, Compass, to name a few.
- Work closely with the design, PM, marketing, and training teams to understand customer insights, the purpose of features, and how best to explain them to the right audience.
- Deliver effective UX writing and longer form explanatory content (documentation, how-to articles, tutorials, etc.) for the product portfolio on time and with quality against an agile and frequent product release schedule.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing skills
- A love for user content and UX (both long-form content and microcopy)
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, designers, marketing, and support
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of how content drives business objectives
- Experience using design thinking and design processes (critique, user journeys, personas) to improve or validate your work
- An appetite for exploring technical products and their users
- 5+ years of professional UX writing and/or technical writing experience
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- Experience with DevOps
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience in building out writing and design guidelines
- Consumer and enterprise content experience
Show us something:
Along with your resume, send or point us to an example of or portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
More about our team:
Content Designers at Atlassian look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We consider content to be a powerful and essential part of that journey. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to champion our design language, tell consistent stories, and craft great customer experiences.
Read more at Designing Atlassian.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.