As the Senior Creative Director, you will create and own the holistic brand experience for 15Five. This will involve developing the strategy and design cohesion across our marketing, messaging and product assets. You will be responsible for the visual style and design creation for the 15Five brand. You will lead, grow, and mentor an in-house team of designers, developers, and external creative resources to bring our brand strategy to life.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, a love for bringing complex stories and problems to life visually, and the ability to articulate how an innovative, end-to-end brand experience should work. You should be able to make everything we design beautifully simple and emotionally engaging.
As a senior leadership role, the nature of work will be divided as approximately 30% tactical, 70% strategic. This individual will have a strong track record of making smart strategic decisions for their area of responsibility that includes internal and external considerations.
They will take on responsibility for leadership of cross-functional strategic decisions and projects and factor in changes to the external environment and competitive landscape into plans. This individual will work hand-in-hand with executives to determine the shape and scope of their function. They will check-in with their Executive leader (the CMO) on direction and budgets, but for the most part, will be able to operate and lead their team and function independently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Focus Area
- Art Direction and Creative Strategy
- Create & evolve our design and visual identity that captures our company vision and narrative, cementing our brand as a market leader
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to deliver a consistent, differentiated audience experience across all forms of visual media
- Provide strategic and creative recommendations and offer new ideas, concepts, and designs to continuously drive market leadership and impactful brand engagement
- Partner with the VP, Product Design to provide creative direction and support to ensure a consistent brand experience within our product platform, education, and community offerings
- Focus Area
- Design Creation & Execution
- Drive integration of art direction and design to different media channels, including digital, print, and video
- Establish strategic and compelling content across multiple social and digital platforms by leveraging creative visual concepts
- Partner with the head of Corporate Marketing to deliver a beautiful, unique, engaging, high-performing company website
- Own and manage a design budget that focuses on maximum efficiency and quality across external creative and production costs
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams, including Digital Strategists, Producers, and Copywriters
- Focus Area
- Team Management & Mentorship
- Lead and mentor an internal team including Senior Brand Designer and Senior Frontend Engineer
- Partner with a suite of external freelancers and creative agencies ensuring the highest quality design and cohesive brand aesthetic
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 10+ years of being a design leader, including 2 years management experience
- An outstanding creative. You’re an innovative and visionary in your field with a gleaming portfolio to match
- Experience creating and implementing cross-departmental workflows at a software company
- Strong understanding of branding design and multimedia asset creation, including web
- Proven ability to create and direct high-quality campaigns and content
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, the ability to work with executives and agency partners and mentor other creatives, as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly with various mediums
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong collaborator that prioritizes building trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Passionate about being extraordinary in both your work life and personal life
- Have a strong reputation for accountability and reliability
- Effectively articulate ideas and strategy
- Able to easily switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- Comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Growth-minded and open to coaching and mentorship
- Open to vulnerability
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible, and self-accountable
15Five is a people and performance platform that instantly upgrades each and every manager. It works by combining employee engagement, continuous performance management, and manager effectiveness software with education, services, and community. At the heart of our approach is Best-Self Management, an evidence-inspired strategy for cultivating world-class managers and transforming organizations by unlocking every employee’s potential. With our holistic solution, CEOs, HR leaders, and managers create highly-engaged, high-performing organizations.
We work with over 2,000 forward-thinking companies that use our solution to bring out the best in their people, including big brand names like Credit Karma, WP Engine, Adobe, and Fitbit. 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Matrix Partners. Its headquarters are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Raleigh, NC. The company is working 100% remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. To support our people, 15Five believes in flexible working arrangements, non-gendered Parental Leave, Flexible Time Off, Sick Time Off and extensive training and development including but not limited to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Best-Self Management, strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, womxn and other underrepresented folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply - you could be exactly who we are looking for!