Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Would you like to define and significantly impact the customer experience across Microsoft’s products and services, using research and design methodologies? We are looking for a talented Senior Customer Experience Strategist to join us and research/design future state experiences that empower our team to transform and elevate the customer experience. You will have the opportunity to shape the direction and design of Microsoft’s customer experience and significantly impact the customer experience across all products services. We value customer obsession, creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we are motivated by the desire to design experiences that help our customers achieve more, save time, and connect to what they care about the most across Microsoft products and services. As a Senior Customer Experience Strategist, you will contribute to the research and design objectives by:
• Being an expert in Customer Experience Design, who is equal parts customer obsessed and data driven.
• Utilizing your expertise in customer experience to delve deeply into problems, collaborate with subject matter experts internally, and work extensively with customers to find high impact solutions that transform the customer experience.
• Leading customer research to produce study plans, analysis for personas, customer journeys maps and information architecture frameworks. Working with various stakeholders and initiative owners on research findings and proposed future state experience during implementation.
• Designing, planning, and facilitating live and virtual Design Thinking workshops
• Envisioning and designing a future state “north star” experience based on your workshops and iterative customer research.
• Helping deliver a persuasive customer-centric approach to enable a connected experience.
• Defines key research questions for the product/service and problems and determines the appropriate data and methodology to address them.
• Delivers experience outcomes and design principles that are compelling, consistent with the product/service values and themes, and meaningfully different than those of competitors.
• Driving foundational research strategy for the team while partnering with product management and initiative owners to define moments of truth on behalf of the customer and users.
• Demonstrating experience with a wide variety of research methods (e.g., interviewing, surveys, foundational, quantitative, qualitative, etc.). Defines and optimizes those research methods at the team level (such as heuristics, focus groups, observational studies, or baseline studies) and applies the most effective combination for product/service research and design recommendations.
• Synthesize multiple sources of complex data to form aggregate insights enabling idea finding, problem definition, and opportunity finding for a product/service.
• Drives collaboration across feature teams and ensures that the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved. Begins to find ways to accomplish more by enabling others.
• Reviewing and validating work with peers, stakeholders, and users throughout the operating model processes, maintaining constant and open communication with key team members.
• Being an excellent communicator and storyteller that can communicate complex concepts in a manner that excites and creates enthusiasm for the proposed future state experiences.
• Understanding Microsoft’s products and services organizations and roles and balance this knowledge with the outside-in customer views to design a brilliant customer experience that can be reasonably delivered at scale.
• 5+ years Customer Experience Design Experience
• 5+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or the equivalent with strong theoretical and practical knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
• 5+ Designing, planning, and facilitating live and virtual Design Thinking workshops
• 5+ years designing experiences that include extensive digital solutions (omni-channel, self-service, AI bots, etc.)
• A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Market Research, or equivalent experience
• Master or PhD degree in Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture, or equivalent experience
• Design Thinking Certification from an accredited institution
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative techniques) and you understand the right balance between the two
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Have a high comfort with ambiguity
• Strong grasp of quantitative and qualitative data analysis and statistics
• Hands-on experience with user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.