… Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
Do you want to be at the heart of Microsoft’s massive digital and cultural transformation? Are you a diehard Design leader who thrives on tackling tough challenges? Are you passionate about people and want to work in a vibrant Studio where design and research work closely together? Then check us out!
The Partner & Seller UX team designs the products and services that Microsoft sellers depend on for their success. Our team plays a critical role in bringing together expertise in design, research, and accessibility to create experiences that empower sellers to achieve their goals with efficiency and delight. Together with our PM and engineering stakeholders, we’re raising the bar for design in order to pursue and achieve experience outcomes of the highest quality.
We are seeking a Senior UX Design Manager to lead and drive Seller experiences forward. This person will play a critical role in the product design process and inspire the team to be a driver for change. They should be well-versed in all stages of the product development cycle for complex enterprise solutions, with a solid user-centered design process. Leading by example is a critical skill for this role; someone who wants to lead great design, and inspire our design team and our organization. This person will need to be creative in their problem-solving solutions, articulate a strong design point-of-view, and have demonstrable people management experience/skills.
- Define and drive people management responsibilities for individual designers.
- Lead by example and inspire designers to create the right design solutions in known or highly ambiguous situations.
- Create an invigorating and positive work environment + culture.
- Understand the Business & Technological constraints and how that impacts design.
- Be a voice for the user and ensure Inclusive Design practices are implemented.
- Lead the design team to deliver simple, connected, and intelligent experiences that make our sellers and partners' lives better.
- Effectively communicate design strategies, concepts, and solutions to peers, partners, and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Work closely with PM, research, and design counterparts in global teams to align on planning and execution priorities.
- As a lead, efficiently manage resources, schedules, process, and priorities of design activities for several features and initiatives.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience with proven success in working with partners and customers.
- 3-5 years of experience with designing for complex problem spaces.
- 3+ years of experience in leading design teams and people management.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in product design, HCI, interaction design, communication design, architecture, or equivalent experience.
- Eye and passion for product quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail.
- Innate curiosity, data driven, and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup-like environment.
- Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products while meeting and exceeding milestone deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing).
- Great written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity, as well as proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes, and delivering comprehensive specifications. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.