The Microsoft Education team is building new experiences to help students and teachers achieve more. We are building products to improve learning outcomes and life-long skill development to advance employability. We are the people building Teams for education and the other new experiences that will help both students and teachers.
We are looking for a Senior Designer who can deliver every aspect of a user experience—from the concepting and information architecture, to the interaction design and prototyping, to the visual interface design. Our philosophy is rooted in human-centered design, rapid prototyping, and iterative research and testing cycles. You will be part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for inventing future experiences and crafting products for millions of people around the world.
You will help lead and direct the effort to deliver complete experiences for our customers, thinking about every aspect of their experience and leaning into your knowledge of all the sub-disciplines of design to do so. You will be working closely with product and engineering colleagues, as well as design and research peers to help shepherd this process from beginning to end (and then iterating on it to improve based on real feedback). You will be responsible for major elements of our products and will be the design lead for these areas.
- 6-8 years of experience in product UX design for iOS + Android + Web/Desktop
- Demonstrable capability to produce excellent product experiences
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Passionate advocate for well-crafted design
- Ability to collaborate with teams across design, research, product, engineering, etc.
- Commitment to diversity of thought, perspectives, and people
- Proficiency in creative and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Principle, Framer, After Effects, Protopie, etc.
- Education requirements include BA/BS in design or computer science