Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 82 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 220 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs.
Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications.
The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
At Coursera, our Marketing team is responsible for brand development, new learner acquisition and retention, degree marketing, and enterprise marketing. We are looking for a Senior Brand Designer/Manager who can help shape the expression of our brand through all marketing communications and act as a conduit to the product design team in order to ensure the brand comes to life through our product experience as well. We’re looking for a hands-on designer to lead and mentor other creatives, manage projects and develop compelling creative solutions across various marketing touch points including: digital advertising assets, email design, event experiences, social content, interactive experiences, corporate collateral, and more.
Your work will directly touch millions of learners around the globe and you will own the expression of Coursera’s brand through our marketing channels.
- Create highly effective designs for digital marketing campaigns, event experiences, interactive experiences, and corporate collateral
- Create and format all visual elements for campaigns across social, email, interactive, video, print, and out of home, focusing on typography, layout, imagery, iconography, and brand consistency
- Evolve and refine Coursera’s visual brand identity and deliver visual systems and impactful design solutions that strengthen Coursera’s brand across Consumer, Enterprise, Corporate, Internal, and Event marketing
- Serve as a brand steward and ambassador for both Coursera’s brand as well as partner brands and also help tell Coursera’s brand story internally (through environmental, conference and culture work)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure superior quality, cohesion, and impact of creative solutions across all marketing touchpoints
- Collaborate with the product designers to ensure product touch-points are aligned with the brand’s visual design system
- 8+ years experience as a visual designer working on various media project types and styles
- Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch
- Demonstrated history working in advertising agencies
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of visual interaction design work (please link a personal website or portfolio)
- Strong portfolio of digitally focused marketing and advertising campaigns
- Comfort with managing multiple projects of varying complexities at once, meet deadlines, work independently and well under pressure
- Experience shaping and developing global brands through graphic design, communication design and advertising
- Amazing graphic design expertise in typography, layout, color, and brand systems
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and using web production software and motion design
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.