Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Stockholm or Remote EMEA
We are looking for an experienced designer to be the design owner and strategic partner with the technology and product teams on key initiatives. Someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off insights of real people, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (systems design, interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. You’ll be part of the Experience Design team that is responsible for crafting the mobile app experience for Spotify.
This team is at the heart of Spotify, developing new features and experiences for our listeners. At the heart of the organization within the Consumer business unit, you will work alongside and help lead the team that owns the core Spotify product - the mobile app. As we look to evolve and transform the product design in the coming years, you will be a key driver in that evolution. You will be in Spotify’s Podcast and Talk Formats product area.
This product area plays a key role in the organization - plotting the vision for what the future of audio is for our users, how they discover and engage with podcasts on Spotify and what possibilities exist to transform our core music product.
Working closely alongside engineers, research/insights, and product managers you will have ownership over key parts of the app while also driving the overall strategic direction of the product.
What you'll do
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Craft the future of listening experiences at Spotify.
- As an experienced designer, you will help set the tone for our design team with your work.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, among others.
Who you are
- You have a consistent record designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; specifically experience designing for mobile apps.
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists. You can synthesize and incorporate their points of view in your work.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to craft products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You have core strengths in visual design, you sweat the details to create high-quality designs
- You don't shy away from complex problems and you stand fast when ambiguity is high
- We're looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.