Microsoft is committed to supporting startups around the world as they build innovative, inspiring new products and businesses. We are reinventing how we engage startup ecosystems through our Microsoft for Startups program. We are looking for a passionate UX Designer to help drive this reinvention as we build new products designed to support startups and entrepreneurs around the world.
We’re looking for a designer who’s driven by empathy for customers, and the need to know how to serve them better. You’re a motivated creative interaction designer who lives to understand customers, create beautifully clear experiences, and explore the limitless potential of the cloud. You bring your skills to your fellow design collaborators and stakeholders with optimism, a retractable ego, and an open mind.
You will have the opportunity to design a product that touches millions of people globally from the ground up. Our goal is to think like a startup, which means that you love trying different things and thrive in fast-paced environments. You are great with ambiguity and love collaborating closely with product and engineering.
As the sole designer on the Startups team, you’ll be responsible for delivering design and innovation across the full design process, including sketching, prototyping, storyboarding, information architecture, interaction design, and usability. You’ll work in an iterative manner, scoping and prioritizing work across multiple projects. You’ll be an advocate for the user and champion industry-leading, inclusive, and user-centered design practices.
• 7+ years of experience creating or improving product UX
• Ability to think creatively and critically about design problems
• Experience at a startup or startup environments and/or designing a product from scratch
• Demonstrated ability to create design solutions from ambiguous and complex concepts
• Enthusiasm for an iterative design process and familiar with agile development methodology
• Ability to work independently through ambiguous situations, and in undefined product areas and features
• Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present your work to peers across disciplines
• Fluent in current design tools (Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch, etc.)
• Experience conducting UX research or customer discovery
• Ability to create a variety of design artifacts that elegantly convey ideas, workflows, and concepts
A portfolio review presentation is required to interview for this role. Your presentation should communicate your work experience and demonstrate your design and communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away