Senior Designer Netlify
Graphic DesignCA, US, Remotea month ago
At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development and currently serve more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
We’re a diverse group of incredible talented people from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
Last year, raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
We are seeking a Senior Brand Designer to help support marketing initiatives and needs by producing and overseeing digital and print solutions. You will also work closely with the Director of Brand Design to execute on Netlify’s visual identity and work with several teams in defining the brand. It’s a unique opportunity to establish the visual identity for a company with all of the ingredients to build an exceptional brand—a disruptive product, adored by users, an inclusive and capable team, an appetite to swing big, with buy-in and support from executive leadership.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with designers to define and create a visual language that can be used across both brand and product applications
- Produce brand and marketing assets, which include the website and landing pages, social media assets, digital ads, presentation decks, eBooks, and newsletters
- Design merchandise for the company store and events
- Collaborate with product designers and marketers to maintain a cohesive brand
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers
- Be an advocate for Design and the brand
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years work experience (preferably in the B2B software industry)
- Proven work experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates a refined aesthetic and design thinking
- Proficient across disciplines, with an understanding of skill and execution requirements across visual design, user experience design, art direction, and brand positioning
- Ability to support growth campaigns and conversion efforts using human-centered design thinking. UX design experience preferred.
- Experience in branding work (brand development, brand refresh) and campaign development, big and small—from brand campaigns and tentpole ideas to seasonal campaigns and promotions
- Understanding of how to use consumer attitudes and strategic insights to drive creative thinking
- Experience with motion design preferred
- A good communicator with the ability to clearly articulate rationale for design decisions
- Strong understanding of design systems
- The ability to work autonomously in a remote work environment
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about the Netlify, the products, the organization, the brand
- Start building relationships with the teams you’ll be working with on a regular basis
- Participate in design critiques
- Execute materials, fulfilling marketing needs
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Conduct brand research interviews and workshops
- Explore directions for where we can take the Netlify brand
- Collaborate with Product Design on creating a design system
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Help educate the organization about design practices and the brand
- Work with designers on brand guidelines
- Help optimize workflow and self-service by iterating on processes and tools
At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so the timeline is intended to show you what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.