Senior Designer Recess
Graphic DesignNY, US, Remote2 months ago
Who We Are
We created Recess to bring calm and balance to an overstressed generation. From functional beverages, ready to mix powder, to digital experiences, we make things that help people be calm cool collected despite the stressful world around them. (In business lingo, you might call us a relaxation platform.) We’re looking to expand our team as we explore novel ways of reaching calm through new ingredients, products, content, and experiences.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Senior Designer to continue to solidify and evolve our brand's look and feel across social, packaging, video, experiential, printed materials, and more. The Senior Designer will spend their weeks designing and concepting while also managing a team of designers and directing their work.
We’re looking for someone detail-oriented (can notice the smallest differences in spacing) but inspired by experimentation (able to present new concepts and brand design extensions with confidence and reasoning). You’ll be working alongside our Creative Lead who will support you with copywriting and generally just a second set of eyes.
In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Director Of Brand Marketing to ensure all design ladders up to the larger brand strategy and business/marketing goals.
We’re looking for a candidate in the New York City metro area.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
After you’ve fulfilled your first responsibility of stocking your home fridge with Recess, this is what you can expect from the role:
- Work with the Creative Lead, Brand Marketing Director, and design team to devise visual concepts for all creative executions (social content, set design/direction for video shoots, point of sale materials, events, and more).
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Lead in developing and executing concepts from idea to execution.
- Develop, direct and create content for Recess Instagram as well as other social accounts and provide visual/art direction for video/photoshoots.
- Own brand design decisions and create brand books that clearly lay out our design policies, visual language, and the Recess brand world for both our internal team and third-party partners.
- Manage, expand, and retain relationships with freelance designers, illustrators, motion designers, and anyone else that helps make our ideas come to life.
What You’ve Done (Role Qualifications)
While it’s true that we are venturing into uncharted territory as a leading brand in a new product category, most candidates should have the following:
- Strong understanding of culture
- Network of creatives that we can tap to help us execute on ideas (if it can’t be done in house)
- 5-6 years design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Software (Indesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proven ability to work with in-house, freelance, and agency creative teams with an excellent creative sensibility
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Solid time-management skills