Senior Designer Starry
Graphic DesignUS, Remotea month ago
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
We are looking for an incredibly talented Sr Designer to join our creative team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life – pushing the boundaries of our brand to create work that has a real impact on the business. You’ll enjoy getting to the heart of complex problems and translating it into dead simple, engaging design. You’ll come up with multiple concepts and use your technical chops to execute across a spectrum of channels – everything under the sun including print, digital, email, and experiential.
You know you’re right for this role if you have excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborating closely with copywriters, marketing directors, and stakeholders to nail the strategy behind every design. Lastly, you speak internet. When there’s a new design trend, you’re always the first to know.
- Work with the Creative Director, copywriters and designers to ensure work exceeds expectations
- Design and execute across marketing channels including print, email, web, paid and organic social
- Act as the design lead on multiple projects, collaborating with various departments to come up with creative solutions that meet business objectives
- Present and defend work to stakeholders
- Contribute to the ongoing development and updates of design guidelines
- Manage projects from concept to delivery. Including developing timelines, presenting a range of designs, managing stakeholders and feedback, and producing production ready work.
- Adapting visual style and tone based on audience and channel
- Mentor newer members of the creative team as well as manage junior designers or external resources
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of visual design experience
- You have a design portfolio that demonstrates your ability to execute across mediums and a sophisticated attention to detail
- You’re focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the creative stronger
- You’re self motivated and a great communicator. You enjoy collaborating, whether it’s hashing out briefs, brainstorming design concepts, and working closely with copywriters to bring the work to life
- You have good organization and project management skills
- You’re an expert when it comes to using the Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with tools like Sketch and Figma
- Experience with startups a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.