- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction or equivalent practical experience.
- 20 years of professional experience in UX or product design.
- Experience designing for a consumer interface and working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience managing and growing UX teams across interaction design, creative design, and user research.
- Experience contributing to innovative products and User Interface (UI) platforms.
- Fluency in roles, methods, processes and best practices for user-centered design.
- Expertise in building and leading high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams that have achieved large goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, creating commitment and a drive for success among teams and peers.
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills, especially in flat, functionally-oriented organizations.
About the job
As Senior Director, User Experience, Android you will have the opportunity to help define the experience on Android smartphones for billions of users. You will be responsible for the design vision, strategy, and implementation for the Android consumer experience including all parts of the operating system from setup to daily usage to integrations of innovative new experiences. Android provides the core of Google’s full mobile experience, and you will lead the vision for the future of mobile computing.
You will report to the Vice President of Product Management and User Experience (UX) responsible for phone software, and work closely and collaboratively with the leadership team across the Android organization, the senior design leadership team across Google, product management, engineering, hardware, and other teams cross-functionally to determine Google’s UX strategies and significantly influence the experience of billions of global Android users.
- Provide vision and direction for the Android UX team.
- Drive operational and execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Advocate effectively on behalf of the Android UX teams and their users, empowering them visibly and behind the scenes.
- Build relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside of the Android team at Google, to socialize and synthesize experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Serve as a thought partner and provide indirect leadership across our broader, multi-disciplinary UX organization to guide our collective ongoing evolution of UX and organizational best practices at the company.