Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Senior Experience Designer - UI/Visual Design - Maxis
Studio: MaxisLocation: Remote North America - Open to most North America locations
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players.
Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
As a Senior Experience Designer with Maxis, you'll report to the Development Director and work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to develop amazing experiences for our highly engaged players, as well as new players.
You should excel in a collaborative and iterative environment and help lead these processes and methods forward. You will work with your Engineering, Game Design, UXR and Production partners to create experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of gamers around the world to Play with Life.
- Guide user-centered design processes to provide outstanding design solutions for Maxis games.
- Partner with XD Director and the larger XD team.
- Maintain and follow an existing comprehensive design system.
- Be a promoter of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Guide design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Partner with user research to conduct studies on future work, analyze the data, and produce results.
- Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Produce conceptual mocks and visual artifacts.
- Work with engineers and implement UI in game engine.
- Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Partner with multiple team members to find balanced design solutions to player and team goals within technical constraints.
- Lead projects for product development, feature design and a team of experienced designers'
- At least 6+ years of UX/UI experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role. Your experience includes some combination of: game or mobile products, live service and social networks.
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- A portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across multiple digital products. Creating research and data informed designs that meet player needs and their motivations.
- You have an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
- You have a passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- You are comfortable presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- You can clearly articulate yourself with excellent written and verbal communication to a broad range of audiences.
- Proficiency in multiple modern design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
- Familiarity with life simulation genre and games.
- Please include portfolio link and password if applicable. Also, please be prepared to show most recent accomplishments/processes/case studies/projects. Super excited!!!
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide.
Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office.
As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way.
But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community.
We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.