Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
You'll be joining a fully distributed group of designers building the brand of a global enterprise SaaS company. To be successful in this role you have to be the proverbial jack of all trades and be able to separate your ego from the solutions you deliver. As a senior designer you'll be expected to hit the ground running and get up to speed quickly on a number of high-impact, high-priority marketing projects. As an experienced designer you’ll be expected to lead on larger team projects and help mentor less experienced designers on best practices.
The Big Picture:
Simply put, we market to marketers. Our target audience? C-suite executives, VPs of communications, public relations professionals, journalists, influencers, etc.
How do we get THEIR attention?
- Collaborating with a world-class, globally-distributed group of graphic designers and astute marketing experts.
- Applying visual design skills; combining type, color and imagery to produce engaging graphics for a wide variety of internal and external efforts.
- Switching gears and keeping up. One minute we could be tweaking vector points in Illustrator and the next we might be adjusting copy in InDesign.
- Sharing ideas; an understanding of technical requirements and business acumen allows us to convey our design choices and objectively participate in critique sessions.
- Abundant communication; the secret sauce. The more we communicate within our teams, the better we can reach other communicators.
What it takes to be successful:
- Production skills: shared folders/file organization, naming conventions, managing feedback, version control, project management. Keeping large volumes of shared files organized.
- Technical knowledge: keyboard shortcuts, file formats, video codecs, print requirements, vector graphics, etc.
- On-brand execution of: consumer-facing collateral, including but not limited to digital ads, emails, ebooks/whitepapers, blog/social media posts, presentations, infographics, landing pages, web wireframes, mockups, swag, videos, gifs. etc. Internal-facing collateral including but not limited to office signage, merchandise, onboarding materials, logos, etc.
- A growth mindset: You don’t know everything but are willing to learn. You make mistakes, you own them and then you grow from them. You give and receive feedback objectively.
- Interpersonal skills: Conflict resolution, patience, compassion and levity are just some of the skills that make it easier to work collaboratively and productively with other creatives in a remote team.
Tools we use:
- Mac laptops
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, After Effects, Premiere, etc.
- Asana for project management.
- Microsoft O365 products (OneDrive, Office, Teams, etc)
- Canva for internal templates
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years of relevant or in-house/agency experience.
- A competitive portfolio with samples that convey strong design principles and an understanding of branding and modern advertising.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Competency in Microsoft Office products (especially PowerPoint)
- Production design experience; various sizes of the same layout, file formats and their use cases, cmyk vs. rgb, etc.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Premiere Pro video editing skills
- Data visualization
- Experience with video and/or animation in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects.
- Coding skills: HTML/CSS, Java, etc.
- PR or marketing technology experience
- Illustration skills
- Animation skills
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term
success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
“Cision endeavors to make https://www.cision.com/careers/#jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Recruiting at Recruiting@Cision.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.”