Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms, and working with technical/design teams to create user flows, wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, cross-functional organization. 2 years of experience leading design projects. 1 year of experience working with executive leaders.
- Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (Android and iOS).
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $152,000 - $163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
At Corp Eng, we build world-leading business solutions that scale a more helpful Google for everyone. As Google’s IT organization, we provide end-to-end solutions for organizations across Google. With an inclusive mindset, we deliver the right tools, platforms, and experiences for all Googlers as they create more helpful products and services for everyone. In the simplest terms, we are Google for Googlers.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.