Hulu’s Product Design team is seeking a Senior Product Design Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our team. You'll lead a hardworking design team, focused on crafting human-centric experiences for the Personalization team. The right person for this role must have experience in developing both holistic and future-forward experiences and a demonstrated ability to inspire and mentor designers to push the boundaries, as well as keeping a focus on optimizing the details of current experiences.
As a design leader, you will be encouraged to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills to raise the craft of your team, and guide them through the end-to-end development cycle.
We are looking for candidates that want to work with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Someone that is passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and you’ll be part of a growing team that creates amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work directly with senior design leadership in defining and leading both the near-term and future state of Hulu’s multi-platform experiences.
- Set the strategy and vision for your area of ownership, offer a strong product and design voice with your cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Manage a team of ICs (potentially a Manager of Managers) at different stages of development. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide your team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Led efficiency/process opportunities that drive positive impact for the entire Product Design Team.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Provide clarity when it’s needed, help your ICs work more effectively and encourage them to implement the most desirable design solution.
WHAT TO BRING
- A passion for working in the Product and Entertainment space – ideally with past experience designing for personal devices, 10ft, and emergent experiences.
- 3+ years of proven and effective people management experience with a Product Design team. 7+ years of total Product Design experience.
- Incredibly strong design portfolio with examples of UX, interaction, and visual design.
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking practices.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product design strategy.
- You are able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and are able to design experiences that are simple, elegant, and progressive.
- Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world-class talent.